As we are all aware ( well maybe not everyone) the lottery for the TCS NYC 2016 marathon closes on Friday.
I have been thinking a lot about my marathon experience and have come up with this very deep observation on life based on the experience.
Everything I need to know in life I learned from running a marathon
- Preparation is everything.
- No bullshitting your readiness with out consequences i.e injuries and hours of PT
- Running is better with a group, but ultimately its you and the road
- Showing up is more than half the battle, your heart will lead you to the best outcome
- If you don’t love what you are doing you will never be great at it
- You are the star in your own show. Give yourself good PR (avoid negative self talk)
- Everyone will still love you employ you, talk to you, etc) if you make time for yourself
- Read number 7 again
- There are signs along the way that will influence you, challenge you, and make you smile.
- Remember to thank the sign holders
And yes, I signed up for the lottery because well… that would be number 11. I am crazy.