This was a great week and I am looking forward to another training week with an all clear from my orthopedic surgeon this Wednesday!
Last Wednesday we tried this quick and easy pasta recipe from one of my favorite site Oh she glows.
Ingredients: Creamy Tomato Mushroom Pasta
- 2-3 servings of pasta (I used fusili) I used gluten free
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8-oz sliced cremini mushrooms (2-3 cups sliced)*
- 1-1.5 cups canned diced tomatoes, to taste
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4-1/3 cup nutritional yeast, to taste
- 1.5 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt, or to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in your pasta and cook until Al dente, about 7-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Sauté the garlic and onion in the olive oil for about 5 minutes, or until translucent.
3. Stir in the sliced mushrooms and diced tomato and cook for another 8-10 minutes or so over medium-high heat, until some of the water cooks off.
4. Stir in the fresh basil, nutritional yeast, tomato paste, oregano, thyme, red pepper flakes. Add salt to taste. Simmer for another 5 minutes or so and adjust seasonings to taste if desired.
5. Drain pasta and add back into the pot. Stir in the pasta sauce, heat, and serve immediately
It was delicious and was true to the portion size. There was enough for Chuck and I and a leftover amount for lunch.
This week the plan is for
Mon- Office is closed so I am planning a run to to a spin class at the gym for a change of pace
Tues- Training run with team in training.
Wed- rest day- yoga and stretching
Saturday- Long run
I was very fortunate this week to have all three weekend runs sponsored by donations. I would love to keep that going. Go Phyllis Go
So if you have been waiting to donate, this might be the time to do it. Friend me on Facebook pstrand1 and I will give you a shout out too!
I will also mail you a bag of trail mix as a thank you gift too.
Have a great week,